These rolls are crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They make fantastic Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches, and they are perfect dinner rolls as well.
Makes 8 large rolls.
- 2 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp gluten flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 c hot tap water
- In a large bowl, stir together the all purpose flour, gluten flour, salt and yeast until well-blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the water to make a very wet dough.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 4-5 hours. The dough will swell up and have air bubbles in it.
- Scrape dough onto a floured work surface and sprinkle top with flour. Fold over about a dozen times. Cut into 8 even pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball by rotating it while pulling the sides under and tucking them into the center bottom. Place dough balls onto a parchment lined baking tray, spacing them at least an inch apart.
- Cover tray of dough balls with a clean towel. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and leave dough balls to rise for 40 minutes.
- Bake rolls about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a cooling rack.