Here is a high-protein dip that is wonderful with crunchy tortilla chips, corn chips, pita chips, and/or vegetable sticks. Enjoy it at your next party!
Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 1/2 c refried beans (homemade or canned)
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 medium Roma tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp roasted jalapeños, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 3 drops liquid smoke(optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- In a medium bowl, blend all ingredients until well-incorporated.
- Chill several hours. Place in a serving bowl and garnish with sliced limes. Serve with chips and vegetable sticks.