Lower in cholesterol and salt, this snack is still as tasty as the original version. Enjoy!
Makes about 2 quarts.
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp season salt
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 4 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 9 c Chex style cereal (any variety/combination)
- 2 c pretzel sticks
- 2 c cheese crackers
- 2 c roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, season salt, lemon juice, granulated garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the Chex cereal, pretzel, crackers and cashews in an extra large (13 x 18 inches) baking pan or (2) smaller baking pans. Mix them together and spread them out.
- Drizzle the oil mixture evenly on top and toss the Chex mix around until everything is well-coated.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir the mixture and rotate pans if using two. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Toss/rotate the mixture again. Leave the Chex Mix in the oven with the oven OFF for 30 additional minutes.
- Remove the baking pan(s) and cool completely. Serve at room temperature.