This versatile dish may serve as a appetizer, snack or, when placed on a bed of rice, a main dish.
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 (6.5 oz) pkg tofu cutlet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp miso of choice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- dash red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini (unpeeled) in 1/3 inch semi-circles
- Slice the tofu cutlet in 1/3-inch thick squares.
- Place the eggplant, zucchini, tofu, and olive oil on the prepared baking sheet. Toss to coat everything evenly.
- Spread the veggies and tofu in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, then place all in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the miso, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes until a smooth sauce forms. Pour over the veggies and tofu; toss well.
- Allow to stand and marinate 10 minutes. Toss again and serve as a snack, appetizer, or on top of rice for a complete meal.