This is a delicious low-calorie, high-protein snack that pairs well with vegetable strips.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 large handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Drain the beans into a colunder; rinse and drain. Add them to a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients. Process until very smooth. If a looser consistency is delired, add a tablespoon or two or water and process briefly.
- Garnish with lemon slices. Serve with vegetable strips, flat bread, or crackers.