Great for a poker game snack or movie munchie, this version of the popular ‘chex’ party mix is lower in fat, higher in protein, and calls for organic multi-grain cereal.
Makes about 12 cups.
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1/4 c vegan Worcestershire sauce*
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme powder
- 6 c Canadian Farm Organic Multi-Grain Squares cereal
- 1 1/2 c peanuts
- 1 1/2 c cashews
- 1 c raw sunflower seeds
- 3 c small pretzel sticks
- 1/2 tsp season salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a shallow pan.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce*, paprika, onion powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, and thyme powder. Remove from burner.
- In a very large bowl, toss together the cereal, peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, and pretzel sticks.
- Pour butter mixture on top and mix until all pieces are well-coated.
- Place on 2 large shallow baking pans with sides. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and serve.
*Try Kroger Brand Worcestershire sauce. It is not marked vegan, but it is! Also, it is the most authentic tasting vegetarian Worcestershire sauce I’ve tried.