This hummus dip has an Indian flare and goes especially well with pieces of my Sweet Potato Roti (recipe coming soon!. Great for a party or appetizer!
Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 c cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 c bean cooking liquid or water
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1/4 c tahini
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tsp minced ginger root
- 2 tsp dry mint
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Roast the jalapeño over an open flame or under the broiler until charred on all surfaces. Remove and cool in a sealed bag for 10 minutes. Remove seeds and membranes. Mince the pulp and place it in a food processor.
- Add garbanzo beans, bean liquid, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic, ginger root, mint and salt.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with sweet potato roti, whole grain crackers, vegetable sticks, or pita chips. Refrigerate unused portion and use within a week.