This vegetarian meatloaf makes a good main course when served with mashed potatoes and veggies. Leftovers make wonderful meatloaf sandwiches. (I like them laced with ketchup!)
- 2 c cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp vegetarian beef-like broth mix
- 1 c finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 c crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp browning sauce optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch loaf pan. Place a small piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the loaf pan, and grease it again.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, cheese, vegetable oil, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, broth mix, walnuts, cereal, basil, pepper, and browning sauce. Mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until browned and set up.
- Let loaf rest 10 minutes. Loosen edges and invert on serving plate. Remove parchment and slice. Serve with brown gravy.