- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided use
- 1/4 c minced onion
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 tsp ground garam masala
- 1 c coarsely mashed potatoes
- 6 oz firm tofu, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c fresh chopped spinach
- 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
- 6 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet heat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil. Saute onion until translucent; add coriander seeds and stir while heating for a minute.
- Add garlic, ginger and garam masala and stir for another minute.
- Add potatoes and tofu, stirring thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put spinach and parsley on top, cover and turn off heat, allowing the greens to wilt in the residual heat. Stir again.
- Cut tortillas into 4 wedges each.
- Place a rounded Tbsp of filling on each wedge, wet edges with water and press together.
- When all wedges are filled use a fork to press the edges together more firmly.
- Brush both sides of the samosas with the remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil and bake 10 minutes, flip over, and bake another 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with chutney or your favorite sauce.