Zucchini Curry Soup
The mild curry flavor in this soup is delightful. With the textured soy protein, lentils, and brown rice, you will have a high protein, low fat main dish soup that the whole family will like.
- 1/4 c textured vegetable protein granules (TVP)
- 1 c boiling water
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 c chopped onions
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 4 c chicken-style vegetarian broth
- 1/3 c brown rice
- 1/3 c brown lentils
- 4 c diced zucchini
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Soak the TVP and curry powder in the boiling water for 5-15 minutes.
- In a 4-quart or larger heavy pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomatoes; sauté another 3 minutes.
- Add broth, rice, lentils and zucchini. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and lime juice. Serve hot.