Summer Garden SoupThis recipe makes good use of seasonal vegetables and is light and easy to make. Serve for lunch with a dinner roll or use in combination with a veggie burger for a full vegetarian dinner.
- 6 c vegetable stock
- 1 medium summer (yellow) squash or zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 c chard, spinach or escarole
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- salt to taste
- 3 oz ramen noodles (without flavor pkt)
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a large pot over medium heat.
- Slice the squash in 1/4 inch rounds. Cut the red bell pepper in thin "match sticks".
- Chop the chard. Add the squash, bell pepper and chard to the simmering stock. Stir in the basil, parsley, coriander, cayenne, and salt.
- Bring the soup back to simmering. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 7 minutes. Stir in the ramen noodles, separating them. Simmer 3 minutes more. Serve hot.