Hot and Sour Super-Links SoupBased on a traditional Chinese Hot and Sour Soup, this version includes high protein Worthington Super-Links in addition to tofu.
- 4 c vegetarian chicken style broth
- 4 oz finely diced firm tofu
- 4 Worthington Super-Links (sliced 1/3")
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp corn starch dissolved in 3 Tbsp water
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil (optional)
- 5 sliced green onions
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add tofu, Super-Links, mushrooms, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cayenne, and pepper. Bring back to simmering; simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Add the corn starch slurry, stirring constantly until thick.
- Slowly drizzle in the beaten egg, stirring in a circular pattern. Cook an additional minute.
- Remove from flame and add sesame oil. Garnish with green onions and serve hot.