Homemade Cream of Celery Soup
This soup is not as thick as canned cream of celery soup. It is a light, nutritious version that is full of flavor.
- 5 large ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian chicken-style broth mix
- 2 c water
- 1 c whole milk
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste<
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Place celery, onion, potato, broth mix, and water in a large pot. Bring to boil on medium. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour until smooth. Add to pot and stir until simmering and slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; add butter, stirring until melted.
- Serve hot with bread or crackers.