Skillet Yellow Squash
This easy dish is surprisingly tasty and delicious. It makes a wonderful complement to a good vegan meal.
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 medium large yellow summer squash, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the water, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil
- Add the slices of squash in an even layer and bring back to a simmer.
- Stir and turn slices for about 8 minutes, removing slices to a serving bowl, one by one, as each becomes somewhat transparent and tender. Serve hot.