Molasses Butternut Squash
Although it is nearly Christmas, we are blessed to have butternut squash in storage from our summer garden. Here is an easy and delicious way to serve it, especially if you love molasses as we do!
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the squash with a potato peeler and cut off the stem. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- With a large carving knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1/2-inch slices.
- In a small bowl, blend the olive oil, molasses, salt and pepper. Place this sauce in the center of a large, ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip the squash slices into the sauce and distribute them in a single layer on the baking sheet. (All slices should be lightly coated on both sides.)
- Bake 30 minutes, or until tender. Serve hot with your favorite vegetarian main course.