Sweet Corn Salad
This crunchy salad can be in the morning and served later in the day. Great for a picnic or cookout!
Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 c roasted red peppers (bottled or fresh), chopped
- 1/4 c red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp basil, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Shuck the corn and remove bottom stem. In a baking tray with high sides, cut the corn from the husk using a sharp knife and holding the corn upright with the stem end down.
- Place the corn kernels in a large bowl.
- Add the green bell pepper, roasted red pepper, red onion, parsley, and basil. Toss well.
- In a small bowl or cup, blend together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, allspice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.