Red Cabbage Salad
Red cabbages are high in antioxidants and contain more vitamin C per serving than do oranges. Here is a slightly sweet, refreshing salad you can make with red cabbage. It's easy and delicious!
- 4 c shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 medium orange, sectioned, sliced
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- In large bowl, toss together the cabbage, cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk or shake together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing on salad and toss well. Just before serving, scatter oranges and almonds on top of each portion. (Cover and refrigerate any unused salad; it will keep at least two days.)