Hungarian Cucumber SaladThis traditional Hungarian dish has a hint of fennel and Hungarian paprika. Make it a day ahead and it will only get better!
Makes about 3 cups of salad
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced or chopped
- 1 c onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- pinch Hungarian paprika
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cucumbers, onion, and red bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, dry mustard, sugar, fennel, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-24 hours. Serve with a sprinkling of Hungarian paprika.