Chard Salad with Fried Veg BolognaIf you have a garden full of Swiss chard, as I do, this is an easy way to enjoy it. I used Yves Meatless Deli Bologna Slices, but you can use your favorite brand or my recipe to make your own vegetarian bologna here.
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard
- 1 Tbsp vegan or dairy butter
- 10 slices vegan bologna, cut in thin strips
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 Tbsp yellow prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large tomato, cut in half slices
- Remove large stems from the chard. Cut the green leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the strips of bologna and fry for about 4 minutes, turning frequently until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, dill and sea salt until well-blended.
- Pour in enough of the dressing to coat the salad; toss well. (At this point you may refrigerate the salad, the bologna, and the tomatoes separately for up to 2 hours.)
- To serve, toss greens again. Arrange tomato slices and bologna strips on top. Serve immediately.