Cabbage Lemon Balm Salad
We had a flood of lemon balm in our garden this year. This is one of the ways we enjoyed the delicate flavor of this lovely herb. (This salad is low in fat and calories too!)
Makes about 6-7 cups.
- 4 c cabbage, chopped
- 1/3 c lemon balm, minced (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 ripe, firm pears, chopped (1/2 inch dice)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, finely chopped/sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, place the cabbage, lemon balm, pears, carrot, and green onion. Toss gently.
- In a small cup or bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve within 3 days, tossing to refresh the salad just before serving.