Cabbage and Apple Salad
This refreshing slaw has just a hint of sweetness from the apples. It will stay crisp and delicious in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes about 1 quart.
- 1/2 medium head cabbage
- 1 medium eating apple
- 1/4 c finely sliced onion
- 1 green chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 c minced fresh dill weed
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 Tbsp salad oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Slice the cabbage into very fine shreds. Leave the peel on the apple, core it, and cut into a fine dice.
- Place the cabbage, apple, onion, and chili pepper in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend together the sour cream, salad oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Add this creamy dressing to the cabbage mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve chilled.