Tofu Fried RiceThis is my own way of doing fried rice. It may not be authentic, but it is a hit here at home. Use brown or white leftover rice.
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 c frozen peas
- 6-8 oz extra firm regular tofu, drained dry and diced
- 2 c cooked rice, chilled
- 1 Tbsp stir fry sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- In a large wok or skillet, warm the sesame oil and vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, peas, and tofu. Saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, stir fry sauce, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce and cook briefly, until uniformly hot and well blended. Serve immediately.