Spanish Rice with Vegan Turkey
If you have leftover vegan turkey from the holidays, this is a delightful way to use it. Use short grain brown rice for a rich Spanish texture in this dish.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c vegan turkey, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c chopped bottled pimientos, drained
- 1/4 c parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c water
- 2 c cooked short grain brown rice
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high flame. Add olive oil.
- Add vegan turkey, onion, and bell pepper. Saute 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; saute another minute.
- Add pimientos, parsley, salt, pepper, tomatoes, water and cooked brown rice. Stir well; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add more salt if needed, place in serving bowls and sprinkle with more parsley. Serve hot with crusty bread.