Here is another wonderful way to use up vegetarian turkey meat from the holidays. This creamy soup has an exotic flavor.
Makes about 6 cups.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen Italian Style vegetables
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp chicken style vegetarian broth mix
- 1/4 tsp dry dill
- 1/4 tsp ground mace
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c onion, finely chopped
- 1 c vegetarian turkey, chopped
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c whole milk
- 2 oz Swiss cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir the Italian Style vegetables, water, chicken style broth mix, dill and mace; bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the onion and vegetarian turkey. Saute 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and saute another minute.
- Add milk and heat until hot, but not simmering. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from flame.
- Combine the two pots and stir. Check for salt and pepper levels. Serve hot with crackers or hot tortillas.