Pico De Gallo Rice
This easy dish has a lime and chili flavor. It's a delicious way to use leftover rice, but be sure to make the rice with my recipe for Vegetarian Perfect Rice for best results!
Makes about 2 cups.
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c tomatoes, crushed or finely chopped
- 1/4 c green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Pico De Gallo seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 c cooked rice
- dash black pepper and salt
- Heat a large heavy skillet on medium setting. Add olive oil and coat pan.
- Add tomatoes and bell peppers. Saute 2-3 minutes. Stir in Pico De Gallo seasoning and cumin; saute another few seconds.
- Add rice and heat through, separating the grains as you stir. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.