There are so many ways to make basic, long grain white rice, but this is my favorite, fool-proof method.
Makes about 4 cups.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian chicken broth mix
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c long grain white rice
- scant 2 c boiling water
- dash fine sea salt
- In 6-cup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add rice, broth mix and pepper. Saute for one minute, or until all the rice is coated and warmed.
- Pour in boiling water. Bring to simmer, stir, cover tightly, reduce heat to very low. Simmer 18 minutes.
- Remove from burner and allow to stand covered 15 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with salt, fluff, and serve.