Vegetarian Dog Kibble
This kibble is easy to make and inexpensive. Best of all you know that only good ingredients are in it!
Makes about 5 cups of kibble.
- 1 c brown or white rice flour
- 1 c besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 c oat or wheat bran
- 1 c instant potato buds
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and generously oil a large (15" x 10") baking sheet with vegetable oil (including inner rim of pan).
- In a large bowl, stir together the rice flour, besan, bran, potato buds, and nutritional yeast until well-mixed.
- Pour in the water and oil. Blend until thick. Use clean hands to knead a few times in bowl.
- Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet. Use fingertips and palms to press into an even layer.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to divide sheet of dough into small squares (the size your dog likes). Be careful to cut through the dough even at the edges.
- Bake 45 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Break into squares and store in tightly sealed bowl.