Vegetable Dog Biscuits
These biscuits are vegetarian, and dogs love them for their vegetable flavors. I make them for my children's adorable Teacup Chihuahua, Eddie.
Makes about 1 pint tiny biscuits.
- 5 Tbsp pureed carrots
- 5 Tbsp pureed green beans
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c rice flour
- 1/4 cup miller's bran
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp water as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat and rice flours, bran, and nutritional yeast. Mix in the pureed vegetables and oil.
- Use hands to knead as a stiff dough, adding a tablespoon or two of the water if needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out treats using your favorite cookie cutter. (For a small dog such as my children's teacup chihuahua, Eddie, I use the small side of a melon baller to form little round buttons.) Place biscuits as close together as you like, as they do not swell.
- Re-roll dough scraps and cut until all dough is used.
- Bake on the prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave treats in the cooling oven for 2 hours.
- Store in an air tight container for up to several weeks.