Angel Hair Pasta and Peas : VeganThis stove-top dish is economical, quick and easy to make, and tastes so creamy and good.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 8 oz Angel Hair pasta, broken in thirds
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dry savory or poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 1/2 c chicken style vegetarian broth
- 1-10 oz package frozen peas
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter in the oil over medium heat.
- Add the pasta, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute about 3 minutes, or until everything is well coated and the pasta is golden.
- Add the flour, savory, turmeric, salt and pepper; stir a minute until dissolved in the butter/oil coating.
- Add the broth and peas. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Stir again and submerge all pasta. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5-6 minutes. Serve hot.