Vegan Savory Sausages
These tasty sausage patties hold together nicely without need for binders. This is a large batch. Freeze some of them for later.
Makes about 18 medium sausage patties.
- 3 c water
- 2 Tbsp onion powder or granules
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp gumbo file (optional)
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 3 c TVP granules(textured vegetable protein)
- 1 1/2 c quick oats
- 1/2 c vital wheat gluten (gluten flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously oil a large baking sheet.
- In a large pot, mix the water, onion powder, sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, thyme, sage, garlic powder, paprika, fennel, cumin, gumbo file, and savory..
- Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from burner. Stir in the TVP and quick oats until well-combined.
- Cool 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Stir in the vital wheat gluten and knead in pot until well-incorporated.
- Form into medium-sized patties with hands. Place on the oiled baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven, and flip patties over. Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes or until firm and browned.