Sticky Vege Scallops
Heritage Health Food is now producing some fabulous vegetarian products. They recently acquired the Worthington® frozen and Cedar Lake vegetarian lines, and plan to keep the purity and quality of those American brands as well as that of their own fine Heritage products. This recipe features one of my favorite Heritage products, their "Vege-Scallops".
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 (19 oz) can Heritage Health Food Vege-Scallops
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Sliced green onion tops (optional)
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the ketchup, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and molasses until smooth. Set aside.
- Drain the Vege-Scallops and break them apart. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the Vege-Scallops to the skillet.
- Brown the Vege-Scallops for about 10 minutes, turning a few times.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the Vege-Scallops and stir well until all are coated and hot.
- Serve over rice or noodles, or with potatoes and vegetables on the side. If desired, garnish with the green onion tops.