Veg Cheeseburger PotatoesWhether you are a vegetarian or not, you will love this meal! Buy Morningstar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles or make your own using this recipe.
- 5 c potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/3" thick
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 c vegetarian beef-like crumbles
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 c milk
- 1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 2 c shredded Cheddar or American cheese
- 1 c chopped seasoned croutons
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the potato slices. Bring back to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Drain well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish or similar.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, warm the oil. Add the beefy crumbles and saute until browned and firm. Add flour and stir 30 seconds.
- Pour in the milk and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the relish, ketchup, mustard, and onions. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir until melted.
- Place half the potato slices in the prepared baking dish in an even layer. Spread half the crumbles mixture on top using the back of a spoon. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle the croutons evenly on top and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. Serve hot.