Barbecued Jack Fruit Sandwiches
With the texture of pulled pork, the fibrous parts of the jack fruit are great in this recipe!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c fibrous ribs of a fresh jack fruit, rinsed
- 1 c thinly sliced onion
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 burger buns or similar
- Warm oil in a medium skillet on medium low heat.
- Saute the jack fruit and onion in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, paprika, and garlic. Stir well for 2 minutes.
- Divide this barbecued mixture between the two buns. Serve hot.