Horseradish Deviled Eggs : No MayoIf you are trying to avoid mayonnaise, or just want a recipe for creamy deviled eggs, this is a good recipe to try. These eggs are great for a hot summer evening. Serve with carrot and celery sticks and a good loaf of bread.
Makes 16 deviled half-eggs.
- 8 hard cooked eggs, chilled
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- dash paprika
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the evaporated milk, horseradish, sugar, corn starch, and salt. Over medium low heat, bring this mixture to simmering, whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from burner, and cool completely.
- Remove the shells from the eggs under running water. Pat dry and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks into a medium bowl and, using a fork, mash them until there are no lumps. Stir in the cooked horseradish mixture and lemon juice; blend well.
- Fill the egg white shells with the deviled yolks and sprinkle lightly with paprika.