Vegetarian Jalapeno Steaks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, roasted, seeded, minced
- 1 c chopped green onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 (13 oz) can Loma Linda Swiss Stakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add jalapeno, green onion, celery, and bell pepper. Sauté 3 minutes, then add cumin seeds and sauté another minute..
- Add the Loma Linda Swiss Stakes with their gravy in a single layer. Pour in the tomatoes and water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently stir the sauce around and under the steaks.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve hot with a side of mashed potatoes.