Miso Tofu and Sweet Potatoes
This easy roasted dish is especially nice served on a bed or kale or other greens.
- 16 oz extra firm tofu
- 16 oz sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp miso
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Drain and pat the tofu dry. Cut in 1-inch cubes; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1 inch cubes; place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, blend together the miso, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and brown sugar.
- Spoon mixture over the tofu and potatoes. Toss all until coated thoroughly with the thick sauce.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Use a spatula to turn everything over. Bake another 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.