For two 16″ pies, we use 2 cups (one recipe) of our homemade pizza sauce on this high protein pizza. We use a variety of fresh veggies on top. Good with or without a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese!
Makes 2 (16″) thin crust pizza shells.
- 1 1/2 c fine semolina flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp lecithin
- 1 c warm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the semolina, whole wheat flour, chickpea flour, salt, yeast and lecithin.
- Add oil and warm water. Blend with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms. Knead in the bowl for 2 minutes, adding a bit more warm water or flour if needed.
- Cover bowl and allow dough to rise 1 1/2 hours. Punch down and allow to rise until doubled, or about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On oiled pizza pans, press the dough out until you have 2 (16) round pizza shells. Bake 5 minutes without any sauce or toppings.
- Remove from oven and add sauce and toppings. Bake about 15 minutes. Serve hot.