FriChik Oven Stew
This easy one-dish meal is a hearty oven-baked stew. It features a vegetarian product that closely resembles chicken in flavor and texture, Worthington FriChik.
Serves 4-5. Prep: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 50 minutes. Total time: 1 hour.
- 1 (13 oz) can Worthington FriChik Original
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
*I have enjoyed FriChik for many years. Recently Atlantic Natural Foods sent me samples of their latest products, and I have used them in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Reserving the packing broth, cut the FriChik pieces into thirds.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove seeds and membranes from bell pepper, and cut into thin strips. Peel onion and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place FriChik and its broth in an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish. Add potatoes, diced tomatoes with juice, peppers, onions, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir this mixture in the baking dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Serve in shallow bowls with hearty whole grain bread.