Stretch your nutrition as well as your dollars with this wonderful, nutritious eggplant chili dish!
Serves 6. Prep: 7 minutes. Cooking: 23 minutes. Total time: 30 minutes.
- 1/4 c water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced in semi-circles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 (20 oz) can Loma Linda Five Bean Chili
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a large heavy pot over medium heat, warm the water and oil. Add eggplant and onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and jalapeno; cook another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the tomatoes, paprika, and marjoram. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add Loma Linda Five Bean Chili and salt to taste. Heat for about 3 minutes. Serve hot in bowls as is, or spoon the chili over cooked wide noodles.