Walnut Brownies in Muffin Tins
Make 12 medium brownies.
- 1 c plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 12 walnuts halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter trays with 12 medium muffin wells.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, corn syrup and vanilla until they come together and look creamy.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until fudgy and glossy. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin wells. Smooth tops a bit and lightly add a half-walnut (without pressing down) to each top.
- Bake 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes. Loosen edges with a butter knife. Transfer to serving tray. Serve warm or at room temperature.