You will not need to peel or core these pears. They will be fully tender throughout with this recipe.
- 2 lb Bosc pears
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash pears carefully and do not peel. Slice off the stem and blossom ends. Cut the pears crosswise in 1/3 inch slices. Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the sugar, allspice, and salt. Pour in the lemon juice and melted butter; blend.
- Spoon this mixture into the bowl of pear slices and toss them gently until all slices are coated in the sugar mixture.
- Place the pears on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 30 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Cool at least 15 minutes in pan. Serve warm or chilled.