Peanut Butter Pudding
This easy dessert is high in protein and can be made the day before your special event.
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 4 1/2 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 c whole milk
- 3 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 c plus 2 Tbsp creamy style peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint whipping cream, beaten until stiff
- 5 Tbsp roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large, heavy pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Place over medium heat and gradually add milk, whisking constantly until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk constantly to thicken. Be sure to scrape the bottom and edges of pan as the mixture thickens. Bring to boil and continue stirring for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it down to touch the top of the pudding. Chill at least an hour.
- Scoop the pudding into serving bowls and top with plenty of whipped cream. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve chilled.