This easy, unbaked dessert is rich and decadent. If you are craving chocolate, this recipe is easier to make than fudge, and just as good!
Makes about 24 small truffles.
- 1/2 c creamy style peanut butter
- 1/4 c softened unsalted butter
- 2/3 c powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 c dry coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, blend the peanut butter and butter until well combined
- Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla. Stir well; then use clean hands to knead until well-incorporated.
- Break off small portions of dough and roll in your palms, making 1-inch balls.
- Place peanuts in a small bowl and coconut in another small bowl. Roll each ball in peanuts, pressing them in. Then roll in coconut. Place finished truffles in a single layer on a platter.
- Cover platter with foil and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. (Truffles may also be placed in a freezer container, using wax paper between layers, and frozen until served.)