Creamy Celery Casserole
Makes 1 quart.
- 3 Tbsp butter (divided use)
- 4 c celery, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeds and membranes removed), minced
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of celery soup
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 6 saltine crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and butter a 1-quart casserole dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium low heat. Add celery, red bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Cook 15 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cream of celery soup, milk, and savory.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon butter and stir in the cracker crumbs. Mix well; sprinkle evenly on the casserole.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve hot or warm.