Loquat JamLoquats have a lemony, tart flavor that makes the most excellent jam. Colors of the fruit can range from golden yellow to red. You will not need to peel the fruit, since the skins will boil down nicely into the jam.
Makes 1 1/2 cups jam.
- 1 pound loquats (about 24 loquats)
- 1 1/3 c sugar
- 1 c water
- Wash the fruit and remove the pits.
- Cut the fruit coarsely.
- Place it into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place the fruit, sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring often for about 12 minutes, or until the water has been incorporated into the fruit and the fruit has deepened in color.
- Cool and place in clean glass refrigerator containers and refrigerate for up to one month. This jam may also be placed in freezer safe containers and frozen for up to three months.