Pineapple Walnut PancakesIf you love the taste of pineapple upside down cakes, these pancakes will be in your favorites list! They are perfect for a holiday breakfast.
Makes 6 large pancakes.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 2/3 c canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp butter for frying
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the brown sugar and pineapple. Stir until simmering.
- Simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from flame and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Add milk, the 2/3 cups pineapple, melted butter and walnuts. Beat together.
- In another bowl or on a sheet of wax paper, blend together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ones and blend until the dry ingredients no longer appear.
- Preheat a heavy skillet or griddle on medium heat until up to temperature. Add a bit of the butter to the pan and coat it well. Drop batter by half-cups and fry a few minutes on the first side, or until set up and browned on the bottom. Flip over and fry a shorter time on the second side, again until browned and firm.
- Remove to a serving plate. Spoon the sauce over or beside them and serve hot.