Fig Peanut GranolaThis granola is fresher and more flavorful than most of the cereal you can buy, even in a health food store. Easy to make, you can vary the ingredients to taste.
Makes about 1 quart.
- 2 c old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 c millet
- 1/4 c miller's wheat bran
- 1 c peanuts
- 1/2 c dried figs, stemmed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and oil a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl blend all the ingredients until fully distributed.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Cool in pan.
- When fully cooled, place in tightly sealed containers and keep up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with milk or cream.