Garbanzo Bean Kale Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 c water
- a (15 oz)can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut in half-inch dice
- 1 large carrot, peeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 c kale, chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat a large, heavy pot on medium setting. Add olive oil.
- Stir in the onion, celery, red pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add water, garbanzo beans, potato, carrot, kale, paprika, sat and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, partially cover and cook about 16 minutes, stirring midway. Stew is done when potatoes are just tender. Serve hot.