Soy Marinated Eggs
Makes 24 half-egg appetizers.
- 1 dozen large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled
- 1 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c mirin (rice wine)
- 1 lemon, sliced in wedges
- Combine soy sauce and mirin in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a shallow refrigerator container.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-3 days, turning eggs periodically to get even coloring and flavor.
- To serve, slice in half lengthwise and place on platter with lemon slices. Use within 3 days.