Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
My son makes this recipe and it is a winner! Serve with your favorite salsa and refried beans.
Makes about 64 tortilla chips.
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil (divided use)
- 1 c masa harina
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 c water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and oil 1 full-sized or 2 half sized baking sheets with one tablespoon of the oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the masa harina and salt.
- Add water gradually, using only enough to pull the dough together.
- Knead briefly until smooth. Divide dough into 8 smaller dough balls.
- Press each dough ball in a tortilla press lined with wax paper (bottom and top), or use a heavy pan to press the (wax paper lined) dough balls into 8-inch rounds.
- Place the rounds on the prepared baking sheet(s). Using the remaining tablespoon of oil, brush the tops of the tortillas with oil.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite dips.